Sunday, May 27

"If you're brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello." Paulo Coehlo

My last day in Amberac with my lovely English family, and I'm so sad to be leaving!  Especially because I've been having breakfast every morning with Lily.

Lily is Sandy's 91 year old mother.  Ninety-one years old, you're probably thinking, that's ancient.  Let me tell you a little bit about Lily.  She worked through World War II, married her childhood sweetheart until he passed away after 75 years of marriage, and is undeniably the most radiantly beautiful woman I have ever known.

If you want a little perspective, make friends with a 90 year old human.  If you want to learn a little about life, understand simplicity and know love, make friends with a 90 year old woman named Lily.


1 comment:

  1. Could you tell me when exactly they were married, where they lived, their exact birthdates and full names by birth and his exact date of death, please?

    P.S.: I'm a member of several groups and sites about the oldest people in the world, and it's actually for an article on the Dutch Wikipedia about the longest marriages known (72+ years) with at least one reference in the media in fact.

    ReplyDelete